I try to include herbs in our CSA bags each week. Surprisingly, our members have more questions about how to use these beautiful herbs than they do about the veggies. Here is a great way to use tarragon. You can make this recipe with either French or Mexican tarragon.
• Fresh pasture raised chicken (whole or cut up)
• 2 garlic cloves
• Dijon mustard
• Olive oil
• Small bunch of tarragon
• Salt and pepper
• Heat your oven to 375
• Chop up and mix well the garlic cloves, small bunch of tarragon, a splash of olive oil, and a squirt of Dijon. I use my “Magic Bullet” for this, and it is very quick and easy. It should make a sort of paste.
• Smear this all over your chicken, including under the skin. If you are using a whole chicken, don’t forget to smear the inside and maybe shove a peeled onion in there.
• Wrap the chicken up and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. Or, if you don’t have time, then go right ahead and move to the next step.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper and put the chicken in the oven uncovered. Cook until done. For pieces, it will take about 40-45 minutes. It will take longer for a whole bird.
• Enjoy with the rest of the beautiful veggies in your CSA bag! And you can go here for other veggie recipes to accompany this chicken.