Swiss chard is just beautiful in early June! It comes in a multitude of colors and is full of powerful vitamins and phytonutrients. Here is a simple but exotic way to prepare it.
- One large bundle of chard
- One onion roughly cut up
- Coconut oil
- Chunk of fresh ginger
- One can of coconut milk
- One jar of Thai red curry paste
- Any type of meat or other vegetables you like.
- Wash and spin dry the chard leaves.
- Remove the chard leaves from the midrib, saving both.
- Rough chop the midribs and leaves (keep them separate)
- Sautee the onions and chard midribs in coconut oil until barely soft
- Grate some fresh ginger on top
- Add the chopped leaves and cook until wilted
- Add half a can of thick coconut milk.
- Add a spoon full of Thai red curry paste.
- Cook until hot and well mixed.
You can also add any other vegetables or pieces of meat that you like. If you eat grains, this is great served over brown rice. Try it with chopped peanuts or cashews on top. Spice it up with some hot chilis and a squeeze of lime!
Eat your veggies!